Happy Holidays all! This year I’m doing something a bit different and participating in the Travel Whispers Blogger Challenge. This was created by awesome blogger Stephanie Fox – read her original post here!
The purpose of this challenge is to connect travel bloggers while discussing some general (and unique) travel-related questions. It’s also sort of a year in review, and I’ve been having a great year, so get ready!
1. If you had to move to a country that you’ve NEVER been to, and live there for ten years, where would you go?
So I kind of already did this on a lesser scale by getting up and straight up moving to Paris this year, but right now I would love to live in Ecuador. I’m starting to lean towards working in wildlife conservation, and I’d love to improve my [nonexistant] Spanish!
2. If you had to live in a hotel for the rest of your life, which hotel would you choose and why?
I don’t stay in hotels. I don’t have money. But probably one of those rainforest outdoor treehouse type resorts, if I could!
3. If you could only eat the cuisine of one nationality forever more, which would you choose?
Korean food. Just Korean food. I’m a simple girl with simple needs.
4. Who has given you ‘holiday envy’ this year, and how?
Anyone who got to go somewhere warmer than here, honestly. Paris is great but it’s chilly!
5. If you had to look at the same sunrise or the same sunset every day, where in the world would you never get bored of seeing? Please don’t say sitting outside Cafe Mambo in Ibiza.
Paris isn’t even my favourite city, but I’d never get bored of seeing the sun rise and set here—something about the air [probably the suffocating pollution], makes the colours of the sky here a consistently gorgeous pastel colour.
6. If you were taking a ‘staycation’ in your home town, where would it be and what would you recommend others to do?
There isn’t much to do in my hometown, other than a few basic hiking trails, but hey, I’d get to steal fruit from the rare fruit orchard, see my family and friends, chill at In N’ Out at 1 in the morning, and be an overall hooligan again, so that’s a plus!
7. Describe your perfect travel day of the year?
My first full day in London was literally perfect. We managed to see a ton without feeling overwhelmed, get a good sense of the city, and eat some of the best food I’ve ever had. It was actually perfect.
8. What have you ticked off your bucket list in 2016?
This year, I climbed the Great Wall of China, went to Europe for the first time, moved to Paris, learned French, and explored London. It’s been my best year of travel since—well, ever!
9. What is top of your travel bucket list for 2017?
Definitely to explore Venice, which I’m doing in early January. But I’d also like to hit up Lisbon and somewhere in Spain before my time as an au pair is up, and of course, visit London again!
10. Share your favourite Instagram photo of 2016?
My fave snap on Instagram from this year has to be this dreamy shot of Big Ben at dusk. That might come off as conceited [which I am, a little] but I love the contrast of colours and the moment was just perfect.
If you’re a travel blogger interested in participating in this challenge, join the Facebook group here! [x]
And if this tickled your fancy, be sure to check out fellow Travel Whisperer Erica here–her take on it is heartfelt, funny, and has some amazing photographs!
Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to subscribe!