“The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.””
Huge shout-out to An Outcast Wayfarer for nominating/tagging me on this one! Alright kids, let’s get crackin’. [I edited the phrasing of Wayfarer’s questions a bit for flow!]
• Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
• Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
• Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
2. What’s your favourite movie/s?
I’m actually a huge Star Wars geek and The Force Awakens has to be one of my favourite films of all time, both due to the push it made towards diversity in popular media and the stellar storytelling/editing/soundtrack/acting/etc. in general! Zootopia is also exceptional. [Please don’t call me a furry.]
3. What’s something you’d like to achieve in the future?
I’d like to become fluent in French, visit at least five European countries during my gap year, and publish my young adult novel!
4. Are you as lazy as I am?
I don’t consider myself particularly lazy, but I’m prone to random fits of apathy that prevent me from completing even the simplest tasks. Like, all I want to do is sleep.
5. What’s the funniest lie you’ve ever told?
I actually have a really hard time lying. [I either feel terrible and confess within a day or just burst out laughing/crying immediately.] However, I did spend a good half a day running around with a bottle of beet juice trying to convince my friend I was a vampire about four months ago. [It failed.]
6. What’s likable about mosquitoes?
7. What’s something you miss in the blogosphere?
I miss sincerity. I feel like a lot of bloggers these days sanitize their content to the point where their readers are presented with an entirely unrealistic view on the subject at hand, and I really wish more bloggers would tackle the tough stuff, especially when it comes to travel. Like homesickness/loneliness, language barriers, illness, BUREAUCRATIC NONSENSE, and more.
8. Did you know that me nominating you means that I really want your blog to grow? How will you try to let it grow?
Well, first of all, I’d like to get a consistent flow of content! [No more long hiatuses… Hopefully.] I’d also like to improve my photography and general content creation abilities [I definitely want to look into vlogging more] and, of course, I would love some more active subscribers! Feeling like I’m being listened to and being able to communicate with the community is a big part of what motivates me to record my adventures.
9. How long have you been blogging on your current blog?
My 1 year anniversary for this blog was in May! So we’re coming up close on a year and a half, I suppose.
10. Who is the grossest person you’ve ever met?
I’ve met a handful of disgusting people. 95% of them were only disgusting on the inside, but there was also that special 5% that were disgusting inside and out. I feel like I shouldn’t get into specifics, but unfortunately there are some selfish, bigoted, greedy, and just generally angry and self-loathing people out there who will try to take their pain out on others. The best thing you can do is just distance yourselves from them.
11. What, to you, is the coolest thing in the world?
I’m about to get corny, but I absolutely love it when people from different corners of the earth are able to find those little things they have in common and bond and forge friendships over the slightest of similarities! I just love friendship ahhh
Speaking of friendship, here are my nominees!
1. Rashmi of Rashminotes – talented travel/lifestyle blogger, tons of insight into a variety of unique locations!
2. Audrey of Audrey St. Clair – Lots of lifestyle inspiration, but has great travel posts as well with tons of amazing photographs! [She recently went to Russia!!]
3. Karla of Karla Around the World – BRILLIANT travel blogger, great tips and amazing locations! Her ‘What I Wish I Knew’ posts are amazing reads.
4. Natasha of World Inside My Pocket – Beautiful photography and a knack for finding a great perspective! Also just seems like a super nice person.
5. F of Renegade Fer – Photography goals, honestly. The dreamy quality of all of her pictures is such an inspiration to me!
6. Bulldog Travels – I think we’ve been mutually following each other for over a year?? I could be way wrong, but either way, her photography is incredible, and she’s a talented writer as well!
7. Wida of Modest Me – Amazingly talented, well-rounded person and all around beautiful human being. She writes a lot of lifestyle tips as well as occasional travel posts!
8. Jamie of Autumn Aquarius Adventures – Beautifully composed, thoughtful travel posts and eye-catching photographs of details and scenery. Also, a touch of humour, which just adds to the charm!
9. Jess of JessDidWhat – A hilarious, genuine read, with tons of incredible travel testimonials! [And tons of mouth-watering pictures of food.]
10. Lily of TheLilyNotePad – A charming blog containing thoughts on books, life, and society, as well as a handful of travel posts!
11. Jess from Eat. Travel. Blog: Ordinary Girl, Extraordinary Dreamer – Her feed is just a delight! Full of art, food, travel reflections, and great tips, Jess is an amazing follow.
Here are the questions I’m posing upon the lovely people listed above. [They’re sort of travel-themed, because why not?]
1. What is your favourite genre of music, artist, or song?
2. If you could travel the world with one person, who would you take with you?
3. Now, if you could only pack 3 non-essential items for a long-term trip, what would you pick?
4. What’s your favourite book
5. What’s the last place on your bucket list?
6. Where’s one place that you can find daily inspiration?
7. City, suburbs, or countryside? Which would you rather live in? Which would you rather travel to?
8. What’s something that’s surprised you about a new destination/experience?
9. What are some of your favourite destinations in your hometown?
10. How do you have fun at home?
11. And finally, because it’s been on my mind – if you were to take a gap year from work/school/life, how would you spend it?