It’s SGT’s one year anniversary!
I know it’s cheesy, but it’s not an understatement when I say that this little blog of mine has been a game-changer for me. This blog has been with me to Yosemite, Las Vegas, China, and more, and I fully intend to keep recording my adventures and sharing my travel tips here with you all!
Although my follower count is humble at around 300, and I don’t have a domain name or ad revenue or even a consistent posting schedule, I’m quite proud of the work I’ve done so far and hope that the quality of my content will only continue to improve.
Anyway, my life has been crazy lately. I guess it’s to be expected, since the high school chapter of my life has come to a close, but so many things are falling into place at once right now!
So, anyway, as of late, I’ve:
– applied for [multiple] part-time jobs in hopes that I can scrape together enough money to go to Korea in the summer.
– participated in my first show in years! Okay, yes, it’s a high school production of Sweet Charity and my bit is all of 3 seconds, but despite all of my whinging I’ve actually been having a good time.
– took the first few steps to becoming an au pair in Paris for a year! I’ve found a really great agency and just finished my first interview this week. I was awkward, as usual, but I’m actually really excited to continue with the process!
– Grad Nite! Being a lucky Californian, my grad night is going to be at Disneyland, and my friends and I have concocted a grand plan to go and stuff ourselves silly, so prepare for a blog post with lots of mouth-watering photographs!
– started a food-based Instagram. There’s not much on it [yet] but count on seeing some great and unique eats around the globe [but mostly Disneyland] up there soon!
As you can tell, I already have tons of plans for this next year of blogging–and my gap year is only a part of that. I am beyond blessed and incredibly excited to live in both Paris and NYC, and although I’m sure there will be tough times ahead, I’m excited to share every moment with you guys here!
Happy Friday and Lots of Love,
The Sweater Giraffe
Also, I now have an official email subscription list! If you subscribe, you’ll be updated every time I make a new post, and you’ll have access to fun things like virtual postcards, random weird stories, and ‘secret’ photography! Subscribe here!