So, the awesome EmelyeKay nominated me for the Liebster Award way back when summer was a thing, while I was on hiatus. It seemed like a ton of fun, so here I go!
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
• Display the award graphic on your blog.
• Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate five to eleven bloggers and post eleven questions for your nominees.
• Publish the full post on your blog.
• And finally, notify your nominees by posting on their blog.
Here are EmelyeKay’s questions:
1. Money is no object- where do you go and what do you do there?
Ooh, man. Definitely somewhere in Europe! France, maybe? I know it’s cheesy, but I’ve always wanted to visit Paris. As to how I’d get there, I’d want to fly first class, just because I’ve never done it before and it sounds like fun!
2. What is a destination that surprised you and why?
New York for sure. I was so intimidated at the idea of going there, because I’m not very used to big cities and I was afraid of being judged for my obvious suburban-ness, but I found myself fitting right in and loving it.
3. How did you first become interested in travel?
I’m not sure! I feel like I’ve always wanted to travel, especially because my parents do it so much, but apparently when I was tiny, I hated going places. I would cry on the airplane and annoy my mom and fall asleep at shows and stuff. It was great.
4. Do you collect any souvenirs/mementos?
Yes! I like to print out photos I’ve taken and put them in this little booklet I have. I don’t like to spend too much money on trinkets, but I like magnets and mugs, and I usually get stuff for my friends and family too!
5. Which do you prefer- websites and apps or books and maps?
Gonna have to go with websites and apps for this one–having all of the most pertinent information at the tips of your fingers is a huge plus for me, and I like to keep my bag space open for leisure reading while I’m on the go.
6. If someone wanted to be a tourist in the town where you grew up, what sorts of things would they be doing and seeing?
Well, we have a mall, but it’s just… A mall…. There’s a movie theater, I guess? Yeah, we don’t have a ton to do, other than some hiking trails.
7. You are going on a long flight- what is in your carry-on?
A good book [or three].
8. What does the word “adventure” mean to you?
A journey to a completely new place that was totally unplanned. Basically, going where the wind takes you!
9. Is there any destination you could visit over and over again and never get tired of it?
All of them! I like familiarity and new-ness about equally, so basically, revisiting old haunts brings me the same joy that exploring new places does! Although I don’t think it would ever be possible for me to get bored of New York, no matter how much time I spend there–there’s just so much to do and see, and everything’s constantly changing!
10. Who are your favorite travel buddies?
I technically haven’t gone traveling with them yet, but my school friends! I’ve had so much fun planning and getting ready for our upcoming trip to China–I can’t believe there’s less than a year left before we go!
11. Why did you decide to start a blog?
Well, I love to write and I love to travel, and I figured that sharing those two things + pictures in blog form was a good idea. And it was! I’ve moved host websites a few times, but I’ve had a great two years.
Here are my questions!
1. What’s the best thing you’ve eaten abroad?
2. What’s your go-to for travel inspiration?
3. The most interesting person you’ve met while traveling?
4. Your favourite cheesy road trip sing-along song?
5. When you started blogging, what were your goals?
6. How have those goals changed over time?
7. What’s your favourite way to blog? [Videos, written, photojournal, etc.]
8. What’s one time you’ve gone off the beaten path?
9. What’s the next place you plan on traveling to?
10. What’s the first trip you remember taking?
11. Do you have any secret budget travel tips to share with the world?